The Burnley Express 22 July 1901 reports:
‘In connection with Sion Baptist new Sunday School, Cloughfold, there were laid on Saturday last fourteen corner and memorial stones. The school is being built at a cost of £4,000. Towards this sum £2,600 has already een subscribed, and it is proposed to hold a big bazaar in the autumn of 1902 in order to raise the remaining £1,400. The collection on Saturday amounted to £478.’
The Sunday School was opened in 1902 and advertised as having the ‘new electric light’.
In 1979 the Sunday School was converted for use as a chapel and services are still held within it.