Higher Cloughfold
before the road widening alterations, 1936.

  • collage image title

     

    c. 1916

     
  • collage image title

     

     

     
  • collage image title

    red lion

     

     
  • collage image title

     

     

     
  • collage image title

    Lodge Fold Farm

     

     
  • collage image title

    Lodge Fold Barn

     

     
  • collage image title

    Lodge Fold Farm

     

     
  • collage image title

    rear of Lodge Fold Farm

     

     
  • collage image title

    Lodge Fold Farm

     

    The gable end in the distance behind the cottages on the right is said to belong to Ashworth Buildings. They are not labelled as such or marked on any map. They are presumeably named after either John or Mary Ann Ashworth, and date from c1840. They were originally back-to-backs. The cottage in front of the gable, behind the tree, was demolished c 1900. The children are siblings William, Florence and Maggie Hargreaves, c1918.
  • collage image title

     

     

     
  • collage image title

     

     

     
  • collage image title

    Sion

     

     
  • collage image title

    Sion walking day

     

    The girl marked "M" is Marjorie Ashworth.
  • collage image title

     

     

     
  • collage image title

    Weavers' Arms

     

    Glass negative looking down Newchurch Road.
  • collage image title

     

     

     
  • collage image title

     

     

    William Hargreaves (R) delivered coal in the Higher Cloughfold area for the Co-operative store at Cawl Terrace. Seen here with son Harry and horse Dobbin.
  • collage image title

    Chapel Hill Cottage

     

    Upper picture uncertain date, lower picture c1990. Pictures courtesy of Kathy Fishwick, Rossendald Civic Society.
  • collage image title

    Lea Bank c1960